Thursday, January 10, 2008

Withdrawals

I'm going through withdrawals. I love baking. And eating baked goods. I have a few favorites that of course do not exist in a grocery store bakery. Like Sour Cream Cookies. What are those?? Well, they are the best cookie on the planet according to me. They look like snicker doodles (which i do not like because my mom would make them hard as rocks) but they are soft and moist with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top. Almost like eating a small cake......
I cannot bake in this hotel. And the options I have at a grocery store bakery are just not acceptable. Homemade cupcakes are always better than store bought ones with the icing so high that you can't even bite it. Homemade brownies just taste so much better when you eat them warm from the oven. There is a cookie recipe on the back of a bag of butterscotch chips called oatmeal scotties. At least that is what they used to be called. SO good. And all I have right now are out of the bag cookies or the yucky stuff from the commissary bakery. Sigh....next week cannot come soon enough. I've actually thought of making some no-bakes, but that would require counter space that just doesn't exist in here. I'll have to replace my cookies with Jelly Belly's.

4 comments:

steve-o said...

Try fasting. If JC could do it for 40 days, you could surely hold out until next week.

TJ said...

i only do that the first sunday of the month. and i can barely do it. after two kids and nursing, you forget what it's like to fast...

Mary Alice said...

That for me is the worst part of PCSing. No kitchen. I am a cooking fool for awhile once we get back into a real house!

TJ said...

mary alice, i cannot wait to bust out my recipes and start making real dinners!!!!! and treats of course. i hope i can find my pots and pans right away....