Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Help

Does anyone out there know the difference between NTSC and PAL?? What do they stand for? I recorded Lucy on our older camera because something I recorded from there loaded last time. I tried to load it today, and it wouldn't do it. I looked at the settings on my camera, and I didn't get some things. I looked at my new one. And it had a choice of settings for the video function. Between the above acronyms. It is late, and I really don't want to spend time looking it up because I'm lazy and I need to go to bed. If you know, please point me in the right direction so that I can figure out how to make my video's load. For the sake of the grandparents....... thanks. OK, really going to bed now....

4 comments:

steve-o said...

PAL and NTSC are different video format standards. Without going into to much detail, NTSC is used primarily in North America, and PAL is used just about everywhere else. Most TVs/displays in the United States cannot display video content recorded in the PAL format. You'll definitely want to record your own videos in the NTSC format.

steve-o said...

Also, I don't know what format your old camera video files are in, but there are software programs that can convert videos from PAL to NTSC. Here's one example:

http://www.blazemp.com/convert_between_pal_ntsc.htm

TJ said...

ok, now i remember. thank you mr. best buy.... now i just need a program to make them smaller. i've tried irfanview, but either i'm retarded, or it is just too hard for me to figure out. since matt isn't so busy now, i'll have to get him to help me..

steve-o said...

Download Windows Movie Maker if you don't already have it. It's free, and pretty easy to use.