Thursday, January 10, 2008

My kids and TV

When we first got back to the states last year, we were just dumbfounded by all of the amazing channels that existed over here. I stayed up late watching things like the history channel, TLC, and USA. Not to mention my favorite, TNT. The kids watched Disney Playhouse, and they loved it. When we got our house, we got cable for the first time. I loved that the kids had Nick Jr. or Disney Playhouse. We would never watch Saturday morning cartoons or the Cartoon Network. In this hotel, we do not have Disney or Nick. All we have is the Cartoon Network. And I am really hating all the commercials. Andrew repeats them, and tells me about them. Everything from shoes to those cereal straw things. One of the things that I loved about Disney is that there aren't any commercials about that stuff. I'm hoping that we'll have Noggin this time around. The one good thing about the Cartoon Network is that they have Tom and Jerry in the mornings. Which of course I love because that's what I watched as a kid.

Only one more week in this darn hotel. We try to watch movies instead of TV. And I try to turn it off as much as I can. But there isn't much to do in this little room. They have toys from Christmas, but not very many. And today it's supposed to rain. So no park. Last year we survived, so I know we can do it for one more week......

5 comments:

steve-o said...

How about some music instead? Your playlist is, um, pretty rockin'.

TJ said...

really? i'm flattered. didn't think you would like the music i like. and yes, we have done that. andrew loves the carmen sandiego song. we actually have that whole CD, but not with us.

Shelly! said...

Somehow I think Steve's comment was more sarcastic than flattering. But in total honestly I love your playlist. Not as good as the 'poo' one before...but still worth a listen.

TV is hard. It is easy for me to want to put the kids in front of it (be it a movie or a show) so that I can get something done - yet since my kids aren't used to it they still bug me!

There are lots of things to do in Fayetteville TJ! It would be good for your guys (minus the adult conversation that you desire) to go explore!

TJ said...

yeah, realized after i had written that, that he was just being a brown. thats ok. i think his music is a little strange too. and you know, it's hard to hear his tone of voice over the computer. if i were around him i would have immediatly understood that yet again, he was making fun of me....

steve-o said...

Me? Make fun? Never...