Sunday, January 6, 2008

Crazy 8's

Vanessa at Convoluted Brainwaves tagged me. Gives me something to do when we have to turn off the lights so the kids can go to bed.


8 Things I’m passionate about
- France and things that are French
-Good food. I hate crappy food.
-Quality Chocolate. I will never buy hershey's again. (see, I won't even dignify it with a capital letter)
-My religion
-Doing my best to make my outside match my insides
-My opinions
-Recycling and doing my part to make our earth better.
-Not changing who I am to make people like me. So not worth it.

8 Things I want to do before I die
-Live in Europe with my kids so they can have that experience.
-Go on a mission again with or without Matt. (I know that sounds bad. If I outlive him, then I'll go by myself is what I mean)
-Go back to school and get a degree in anything. It will probably be in French or be connected to it somehow. Can't help it, it's in my blood.
-Attaining my goal of being organized. This may sound silly but for me it is nigh impossible.
-Get rid of all the yucky stuff in my life: bad habits, bad attitudes, being judgmental, letting go of the bad stuff...
-Being the kind of mom that is a mom when they are little and when they are teenagers, but being still someone that is a friend when they get older, yet still be their mom. Does that even make sense???
-Being financially able to help my children do things like buy their own homes by getting them loans that are amazing because we have amazing credit, and using our money to help others. I know my dad would have a hard time with this, but my mom's parents would show up with things for us. Once it was a huge freezer. Another time it was a really awesome vacuum. Another time it was a year old van. I want to do things like that. Give them things that they can really use, and know they could never afford to do it themselves. But we wouldn't go into debt getting it for them.
-(drawing a blank.....)


8 Things I often say
"you have a choice"
"don't give me a kiss!!" (reverse psychology)
"you can be mad, but you don't get to act like that"
"was that a good choice or a bad choice?"
"if we work together, we can get it done faster!"
(again, more blanks...)

8 Books I have recently read or am currently reading
Pillars of the Earth
Atonement
French Women Don't Get Fat
(all my books are in boxes, and I can't remember the others)

8 Songs I could listen to over and over
Take on Me by A-ha
Wannabe by Spice Girls
Grace Kelly by Mika
Clair de Lune by Debussy
Show Me Love by Robyn
Anything from the Prince of Egypt
Lucy singing her little made up songs
Andrew singing while he's going to the bathroom (these are really funny)

8 Things that attract me to my best friends
honesty
willingness to laugh a lot
supportive
don't think I'm crazy
will listen to my craziness
"being a kindred spirit"
(I can't think of anything else. It's late and Lucy won't go to sleep)

8 People I think should do Crazy 8s
(8 is way too many. I'll just do a few cause I really don't know enough people in the blogging world to tag...)
LeeElle, Kerilynn, Joe (ok, i'll have to stop because I'll be lucky if they do it. I need to make more friends........)

No comments: