Thursday, July 31, 2008

When you don't have plans.....

When you are the parent of small children, and your spouse is gone, there isn't too much to do. I don't have to worry about making a decent dinner. I still make something, but not as much as I would normally. I don't have to worry about what the house looks like....well, I still worry, but I do it when I can rather than worry about if he might get upset. Which he rarely does. One of the things that is so nice about him. We don't have any kind of schedule. In fact, at this moment, it is 9:17 in the morning and all of us are in our pj's. The kids are watching Super Why and so far this morning I've spent 45 minutes reading a book, then I checked my email, checked ebay (working on Andrews bday present), went to the gap to make sure I still wanted everything in my basket, and then checked my blogs. No one has eaten. I have a Wii Fit that I need to try, but so far I've only opened it up and looked at it. Hopefully I'll get to it this morning. I have recipe cards that I want to make, and the stuff is still sitting on my dining room table. I want to read my book, cross stitch, sit around and just do laundry today. Maybe vacuum. I'll probably take the kids to either the pool or the park. Yesterday we spent a lot of time at Target. I haven't been there in months. It was nice to not have to hurry home or have anything that I had to do. If my kids didn't need to get out and play, I would be content to just stay here all day in my pj's, getting things that I want to do, done. Heck, I might not even shower. I love summer for these reasons. When Andrew will start school, things won't be so lax around here. Which reminds me, I keep forgetting his school supply list every time we go to a store. I hope your summer is as lazy as mine. I love this kind of summer!!! How is your summer going??

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yep, I love that too! School starts for us on Monday. All the other moms I know think I'm crazy because I'm not jumping for joy...I just don't like being on a strict schedule every day.

And as far as what you're doing while Matt is gone...I did a similar thing when Kenn was away on business for a week. To cope with being a *single mom* (kinda) I told myself and the kids "we can do whatever we want!" Not that Kenn is at all restrictive, but it helped me to get through the week if I tried to look at it as a fun thing.

Good luck!

Jessica S. said...

You are so lazy! Doesn't it feel good??
You did get out to the commissary though, that is something, and you didn't look messy or anything.
I like running my own schedule.

Anonymous said...

Reading your last entry about the earthquake, I thought you were living in So Cal again (since you refer to the earthquake being at "home.")

Anyway, since you weren't here for it, I thought you'd enjoy seeing a video taken during the quake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmIrM_CRGQ

Where was I during the quake, walking across the courtroom towards a witness during cross-examination.

Lee Brown