Friday, July 25, 2008

Evil Bookstores

Well, they really aren't evil. But those darn bargain book sections just get me every time. Matt needed a few things from B&N. We don't have a Borders around here. So, I called up my trusty late night shopper friend (who's going to do that when you're gone????) and we headed over. I found Matt's insanely-expensive-for-how-tiny-they-are medical books. Then of course, I had to go and browse the cheap books. I did buy one book for Andrew for his birthday. And I got something for Lucy too. I also found me a French Verb review book which I really need. My tenses are a disaster, and the books I have just aren't doing it for me. I found a nice book of staff paper, which I will eventually use when I go back to school and take my music classes. (cause I will go back) I found a few other books, and I'm really excited to read them. I'm trying to make my stack of books smaller, not larger. And if you're connected with me on goodreads, you would know that I have been reading. Just not as much as I have in the past. Anyway, I'm working on my reading. I am now determined to not go back to that store as they want to suck me dry. And I didn't even get the Merde book that I've been wanting.....maybe next year when I allow myself to go back.......(I think it might still be trying to make up for the two and a half years of only having aafes bookstores to shop in, and walking into a store like B&N or Borders is just so exhilarating I can hardly stand it. Or maybe it's just my lack of self control. Who knows.)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Not evil... Just full of addictive chemicals that make you spend spend spend!! Hee hee!! Yeah, I'm gonna miss the late nighters too....

Piouette said...

What's that about the "merde" book?????? (I can't believe I'm actually typing this word anyway.)