Friday, July 25, 2008

This saves me

When we lived in Germany, my kids were really little. I also taught piano. And was home a lot without Matt as he was gone a lot performing all over the place. A lot of my students were siblings. Which was great. The parents would bring all of them at the same time and the ones that weren't getting a lesson would play with my kids. It was fabulous. Then I got an idea of having some of the older girls, but not old enough to babysit without me there, to come over and play with my kids so that I could get things done. I would pay them, not as much as a regular sitter, but still to a ten year old that really doesn't get to earn money, it was cool for them. I wasn't really able to do this in Texas because I didn't know a lot of girls that were around that age. Well, now that we're here in North Carolina, I have found more!! They are sisters, one is 8 and the other is 10 or 11. They are here right now playing with my kids and hopefully getting them to clean up their room a little more. This really helped save me in Germany. And with Matt leaving this weekend, this will probably save me for this month. Not exactly what I'll do this morning, but I have about 5 things that I want to do. I'm going to do this once a week while Matt is gone. And I know it will be well worth the money!!!!

No comments: