Friday, July 4, 2008

Actually

So, last night I could not keep my eye's open, and went to bed more than an hour before I normally do. And slept for a long time. So, I might be able to get up at the same time, but that night I crash. Oh well. And since I plan on doing very little today, I am hoping to have many pictures posted on this blog and my family blog.

Since it is our nations birthday, I thought I would share a really cool book that I got when we were in DC. It is called America A Patriotic Primer by Lynne Cheney. But what sold me on the book were the illustrations. Those were done by Robin Preiss Glasser. They are awesome. They have facts about our country for each letter of the alphabet and I love to look at the pictures in the book. They are awesome. They have done some other books together. I'm pretty sure I saw them there but I only have so much money. Anyway, if you want a book that teaches your kids about the history of our country and has awesome pictures, this is the book. I think I got it at the National Archives little gift shop. So I paid full price. But I really think it is worth it. I want to get their other books now.

We are going to a friends house this afternoon. Last year we went to a friends house too, but without Matt. He had to study. This year he gets to come with us. And the three years before last year we got to go and see him perform. I kind of miss that. That was always a lot of fun to do. I'm glad to be able to have him with us this time. Have a happy fourth!

No comments: