Saturday, December 1, 2007

Attached

We have had a white 2002 Nissan Sentra for more than four years. It is a manual transmission (I just love driving those) and it has gone so many places with me!!! It has driven all over Southern California, driven to Vegas. Then it was shipped to Germany, and that car has taken me to France numerous times, down below Munchen (Munich) to Garmisch and on to Newschwanstein (Disneyland Castle that is a huge waste of time to visit) and on the way there drove through Austria. It went downtown Heidelberg with me, up to Frankfurt to the airport.... I really love this car. It was our only car while we were in Germany. Now, as we are moving to North Carolina, we feel the need to take it to Carmax. The blue book value is pretty good as there are not many miles on it. It has only been in one tiny little fender bender in Germany (someone rear ended Matt on his way to work) and it still looks really nice. I am sad. I remember as a little kid (I think I was in sixth grade), my parents bought a new van after our lovely gold station wagon was in an accident. It was still drivable, but we were outgrowing that car. Anyway, as we were driving away from the dealership, I was crying because I missed that nasty gold station wagon that had a huge dent on the passenger side door from the accident (where I was knocked out). After I came home from my mission, I convinced my dad to cosign with me on an awesome little red Nissan 200SX. That was so fun to drive!!! Before we had Andrew we took it to Carmax too. We had 3 cars at the time, and 3 car payments were too much. But I was so sad!! For some reason I have this attachment to cars. I know that it will be too much to drive two cars 1600 miles with two kids plus whatever stuff we need. But I will be sad with all the memories that go with that car.

1 comment:

LeeElle said...

oh the good ol' station wagon. I cried when my parents sold our volkswagon van.