Thursday, December 6, 2007

Holiday Meme

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love them both. But I like the good stuff for both.
2) Do you wrap your presents or not? I have to say that I hate wrapping presents. I usually do, but would rather throw them in a plastic bag and call it good. I'm just not good at it.
3) Colored lights or white? I really like plain white lights. I don't mind colored ones though
4) Do you hang mistletoe? No, I get enough of that stuff (and I mean kisses)
.5) When do you put up your decorations? Whenever I get to it. Last year we were in a hotel, and then in California. This year we will be in a hotel again, but not going to California. Little rough to decorate a hotel room.
6) What is your favorite holiday dish? Green Bean Casserole. And some decent desserts.
7) Favorite memory as a child? I don't think I have a favorite. We usually went to Utah at some point. When I was in 6th grade Santa brought everyone bikes, and we went on a bike ride that day. I would love our Jex Family Christmas parties. They were fun because I have a ton of cousins, and where the Jex's are, there is more food than you can imagine.
8) When and how did you learn about Santa? I have no idea. I think I figured it out. My parents would leave Christmas music playing all night. I think they did it to mask any noise they might have made.
9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was a kid, my mom usually had new pj's for us. So we would open those. Now, if we are in California on Christmas Eve, we go to Matt's moms house and we open a ton of gifts.
10) How do you decorate your tree? With whatever we have. We bought a fake tree for a steal after Christmas one year while we were in Germany. I have some cool glass ornaments, and my mom gave me all the ones that I made as a little kid. Next year it will be fun to do it with the kids. Neither one of them will have any recollection of decorating a tree.
11) Snow...love it or dread it? Not only do I dread it, I severely dislike it. It was fun as a kid, especially growing up in Southern California, because we never got snow. As I got older, I just have a hard time staying warm, so playing in the snow is at the bottom of my list. Although when I was dating Matt a group of us went up to Mt. Baldy to the snow for some reason. The things I do for love....
12) Can you ice skate? Not a whole lot of ice skating rinks in So Cal. I've only ice skated once, and that was on my mission. I don't think I fell, but I don't think I'll try it again. Being 6 feet tall gives me 6 feet to fall. I don't like to do that much.
13) Do you remember your favorite gift? I have to say that I cannot remember any specific gift. I thought I had a good memory, but lately I've realized that I don't remember a whole lot from my childhood. Either I'm repressing it, or my long term memory is shot.
14) What is the most important part of the holidays? The most important part of Christmas is remembering why we are celebrating it in the first place. I need to figure out how we are going to teach our kids about this. They are finally old enough for these things to make some sense. I wish I could decorate. Then we could talk about the nativities that I have. I'm hoping to get one that the kids can play with for next year.
15) Favorite holiday dessert? My mom always makes this cereal mix stuff. It's like rice krispie treats, but its in a bowl, and you use crispix, coconut, almonds, chex, and some other stuff. We much that all day and all night Christmas day
16) Favorite tradition? Well, I don't think its my favorite, but the rule was that we could only look in our stockings on Christmas morning and we had to wait for my parents to get up to open anything at all. And lots of times we would go in and jump on my dad to wake him up.
17) Favorite Christmas Carol? Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming. Just something about the music to this song really gets me. Its pretty simple and sweet and short. Nothing long.

I think I'm supposed to tag someone but I got this from Shell, and she didn't tag anyone either. So, if you want to do it, go for it. Let me know if you do. Would love to read it!!

1 comment:

Vashti said...

Hey Terina. Filled this out. fell free to check it out.