Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Surprise for me!!


I have this good friend Crystal. I met her in 3rd grade, and now at almost 30, we are still friends.(see post on the wedding I went to) She currently is living in the Virginia/DC area. And this year for my birthday she had something sent directly to me from amazon.com. I was kind of surprised when I got an amazon box in the mail but hadn't ordered anything. Well, yesterday after I picked up my dad from the airport, I came home and found another amazon box with my name on it, that I didn't order!!! So I open it up and I find two books. One is called Kitchen Playdates by Lauren Bank Deen that has some amazing recipes and ways to do things with kids. The other one is the above cookbook. Ratatouille Whats Cooking? A cookbook for kids So, I first emailed her and said Thank you!!! (these are our Christmas presents) and then sat down and looked through them. OK, you all know I'm kind of crazy about french stuff and the Eiffel tower. Well, the last recipe in the book has a picture of an Eiffel tower made out of SUGAR WAFERS!!!!!!! It is an Eiffel tower sundae. It is just stinkin cool. And it also has a recipe for a real ratatouille. Which, if none of you have ever had, should really really really try sometime. It is so yummy. We will be using these books for sure!!! Thank you Crystal!!! I highly encourage you to look into these books. They would be great Christmas gifts!!! Especially if they are anything like me and are crazy about French things and love recipes!!!

No comments: