Sunday, December 9, 2007

We did it

Took the car to Carmax yesterday. The sadness is replaced with Look at our big check!! Between selling our car, moving (the army pays us to move ourselves. it actually saves the military money), our dislocation allowance (when you move in the military, they give you money for your expenses), and taxes, we will be doing pretty darn good. Better than we have in a long time. Which is pretty exciting for us.

Matt sang at a church thing Friday night. I recorded him singing, but the file is so big, it won't upload onto blogger or onto YouTube. Not sure how to change the size of the file, but last night I was so tired, I didn't try very hard. He sounded really good, but the piano was turned the wrong way (they had the stage all set up already), and there were a ton of kids running around and making so much noise you could hardly hear me play.

I am getting SO overwhelmed with thoughts of what has to be accomplished this week. I have been packing, but it is a little difficult to do so when two kids want to pop and play with the bubble wrap, get inside the boxes and play, use the rolls of kraft paper as swords, and start to cry when you pack up their books. It doesn't help either that all of us are still suffering from allergies. Both of the kids wake up in the middle of the night coughing, or can't breathe, and then all day Lucy's nose is running and I'm sure her hair is covered in snot. I'll have to give her another bath before church today. I'm kind of whiny today. One positive thing is that today at church, someone else will be asked to be the Relief Society President!!!! Hooray!!! I am very glad to hand it all over and be done with that responsibility. The only thing I will miss are the calls about people that are over at the hospital. For some reason, I really like to help the families that are over there with their wounded soldiers. We give them rides to church, go and visit them, help with anything that they need. I will miss that. I don't often have such amazing ways to serve people. We will be about two minutes from the hospital at Fort Bragg, so maybe we'll be able to do something of the same thing there.

As we have a church this afternoon, I should probably get into the shower. For some reason it has been SO humid and warm here. I almost didn't put the vaporizer in Lucy's room last night because she was already sweaty. But that was what probably got her to stay sleeping. Can't wait to leave San Antonio and leave all the allergies!!!!!!

Have a good Sunday all.

No comments: