Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Its getting closer!!

We are moving next week! Today the Fort Bragg housing office called Matt and gave him a date AND an address. Very exciting for us. We will only be in a hotel for about a month, which is totally doable. After being in a hotel or the equivalent for two months last year, anything is better than that. I will have packed things like pots and pans and can openers and cheese graters so that we aren't putting out so much money. I've actually already set up our Internet/phone/cable with TimeWarner. Cut down on the waiting time to get our Internet set up. I just have to get on the ball and really start packing. I could pack most of the stuff in my kitchen, but I don't have the paper to wrap it. I don't have any newspaper, and I don't want my pottery to break, so I will probably go out and buy paper tomorrow. It's worth it to me to keep my dishes and things in one piece. I am also using those huge ziplock bags. You can put blankets, sheets, sleeping bags, and toys in them. I love them. I have already had lots of the kids toys in them for storage. That way all my linens and clothes won't be so yucky when we unpack. And it is pointless for me to wash them before I pack them anyway. So, at least they will be protected. Wish we had some of our stuff in them before, would have helped with our basement that floods....
So, I won't be posting too much as I really should focus on finishing my Christmas cards, and packing up. Say a few prayers for me to keep my sanity and not go completely crazy on my kids during this time. My poor little brain gets overwhelmed very easily.