Thursday, December 13, 2007

This will not be about moving

I thought I would tell you about a few of the people on my blogroll, and why I know them. First is Vashti. She was my last companion on my mission. She is very very short, and she is also from the UK. Born in England, and moved to Ireland when she was 12. Went to university in Scotland. She and I had a great 6 weeks together. Last year I went to visit her for a weekend in Derry, North Ireland. It was a great weekend!! I got to meet her husband and her little guy Caleb. I also met her parents and her sister. I love Derry. And I love that I have a friend that is willing to have me stay with her. About two weeks ago, her sister in law passed away. She had cystic fibrosis. She almost got donor lungs, but one of them was not healthy, and she needed two, not just one. Her brother is having a hard time I'm sure. Head on over to visit Vashti if you have the time. Oh, and if you think her name sounds familiar, she is named after a queen in the Book of Esther in the Bible. The King was displeased with Vashti and had her banished, and eventually took Esther as his queen. She hasn't gotten into posting very regularly on her blog, but I'm sure she'll start.

The next is Shell. I have known her since we were about 8 years old. We moved to Glendora and her family was in our new ward. We have been friends for 21 years. We have so much history that I just don't have the time to write it all down. Right now she has a great clip of the new movie Enchanted on her blog. Lucy has watched it at least 10 times. And I like to watch it too!!

So, go and visit these girls.

Now, I'm off to dry my hair, and get a packing. All of Matt's family will be here today, so I will be putting them to work and we're hoping to be completely out by this evening. And I think I need to buy boxes and bubble wrap. We are glad to have been given several boxes, and we've almost used all of them up. We also had a few that we had saved from when we moved in last year. This time I'll be smarter and save as many as possible (hopefully we'll have the space in the new place) and next year or so when we move again (yes, we'll move again. Pray for us to get sent back to Germany!!) we'll have boxes.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

What a great idea to write about your blogroll! I may just copy you one of these days.

Mary Alice said...

Thanks for the introduction to your blogging friends. Good luck with the move!

miranda said...

Great fun! Thanks for the tips on some of those on your blogroll. Of course, now it has me looking at the rest of your blogroll...