Monday, December 10, 2007

Today

Today is the first day of the week of our move. I slept in a bit, Andrew was up way before I was, and Lucy just barely woke up. (she's been sick) I suddenly realized that Matt had told me that housing was going to have a walk through with us today to tell us what needs to be done before we are out. He neglected to tell me what time. I called housing, and they told me between 9 and 10. Well, she'll see me in my pjs and no bra. Well, I might put on a bra if I remember to. I already know what needs to be done, so its just a formality that they do this. And, some contractor people came over just as I hung up with housing, and found out that they will be converting our crap house into a new beautiful two bed two bath. They are converting a lot of these little house into homes that wounded soldiers can stay in, instead of having to stay at the Powless Guest House or the Fisher House or the barracks. Which sounds like a great idea to me. We already have a few of them on our street. But I'll still have to clean!!!! Oh well. And I found out why Lucy's room gets so cold in the winter. Her room used to be a porch, and they enclosed it.

Our house at Fort Bragg is probably a duplex (which is find with me. I spent two and a half years sharing my floor, ceiling, and walls with people. Only one wall is fine with me, especially if its the garage wall) and renovated. Which could mean a lot of things. I'm hoping it will be nicer than this one (that isn't too hard to do) and maybe a bit bigger. Well, I'm off to clean and pack!!! And last night a cold front came in again, and we have to wear coats again. This back and forth weather is really getting to us. Why can't it just make up its mind???? If you're bored, come and help me pack. :)

5 comments:

J.Ammon said...

When you get there find a restaurant called Smithfields and have some North Carolina barbeque for me with some hushpuppies, coleslaw and banana pudding. Sometime soon I'd like to get out there to do the Outerbanks with Em.

Good luck on the move! My freshman year we moved into a new house on Christmas Eve so I feel your boxed up holiday blues.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Good luck with your news!

Here's wishing you a bigger house for Christmas!

TJ said...

joe, hushpuppies and coleslaw just sound yuck. i could probably do the banana pudding and barbeque though. when i do, i'll be sure and take some pictures and post them just for you. good incentive to come and visit us.:)

Anonymous said...

i just HATE it when i have to put on my bra before i really have to! darn those early inspectors!

J.Ammon said...

The slaw and hushpuppies are a must...trust me!