Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Time Out

No, this is not about my kids getting a time out. It is about Deseret Books Time Out for Women.

I had remembered that there was going to be a Time Out in Columbia SC. That isn't far from us at all!! I was very excited. Well, just went on the website, and it is a Time Out for Women and Girls. Not that I don't think our girls are important, I just want one for just me. I looked up the closest Time Out for Women, and it is in Tallahassee Florida. Which is about eight and a half hours from me. So, I'm hoping that I can get a few of these women together in this ward to go down as a group. Although I have learned that several of these women have husbands that are deployed. So, it might be a bit tricky. This one is in March, so if I'm going to that, I have got to get working on it!!

And for those of you who don't know, Time Out is a convention/seminar type of thing put on by an LDS bookstore, Deseret Book. The speakers and musicians are LDS, and are usually authors of books put out by Deseret Book. It is an all day thing, and for me is totally worth it. I would love to go with my sister again, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen for a while. Arizona is pretty far from North Carolina.

For all of you Texans, there will be one in San Antonio!!! So sad that there will be one after I leave. I just don't have the luck.

I know that many of these authors that speak are there to sell their books too. I know that, and I'm fine with that. Most of the books are good books, it's just a matter of what I happen to need at that time. So, go if you can!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh no...please do not tell my MIL about this! She goes to these and takes notes and then makes a little write up for me on how I can be a better wife! *eyeroll*

Too bad you can't make it! Some of my friends have gone and had a really good time.