Saturday, October 27, 2007

Our time

I read this article in the Newsweek I picked up at the store today. This is usually one of my favorite parts of Newsweek. I love the My Turn stories.

I had an experience kind of like that when Andrew was an infant. I was flying to Georgia to see Matt while he was in AIT at Fort Gordon. I was in the stroller/handicapped lane for security. If you don't already know this, when you fly with an infant, you have to take them out of their infant seat, take that out of the stroller, take and blankets or coats off of your infant, and put everything else in the x-ray machine (including shoes which is another fun thing to do) and then finally walk through the gate with your baby. It was taking me a little bit of time, and a man behind me asked the security guy if he could go past me. He told the man behind me no, and then looked at me and said very nicely, "you take your time ma'am". That man could have helped me instead of being rude. That would have made me go a bit faster. I am guilty of this too. The commissary is one busy store. I have never seen another grocery store as busy as a commissary on a Saturday. I try to be patient. If you have time, read more of the My turn articles. I haven't read one that I don't like.

1 comment:

Shelly! said...

I love this article - especially the very last line "Five minutes: a small price to pay for discovering that only those who are giving of their time have ever owned it in the first place."

We are always wishing we had more time - but what do we do with the time we do have?