Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A little bit of art

I saw the above picture at Deseret Book last week when I was there with my sister. It had a horribly ugly frame around it that was gold, but it was 20% off. I had to buy it. It didn't end up being that much. I cannot wait until I am in a place long enough to know what other frame I want it in and then actually hang it up. I similarities between this picture and my mission were amazing. It rained all the time on my mission, and we were often on streets that looked just like this. Although we did not wear matching white shirts and black skirts....but I still love this picture.

At Time Out for Women, they handed us a little bag when we walked in. It had a small book with empty pages to write on, a bookmark, a small holder of tissue, and a few catalogs. One was this company called Impressions Everlasting. The first time I thumbed through the pages, I wasn't impressed. I put it back in the bag, and forgot about it. I looked through it again, and noticed the above picture. I wish I had enough money to own this one. We were married in the Los Angeles Temple. I love the hills in the background, the palm trees, the sunset. The cheapest ones of these are $850, so there is no way we will ever own this. Unless somehow they decide to make more.

I never really know how to decorate my home, or what I even like. But these pictures would (and will) go up every time. I cannot wait for the day that we are in one place long enough to hang pictures on the walls.

4 comments:

Shelly! said...

Maybe you should tell Matt to not tell you until it's final :)

I LOVE the picture that you got from Des Book - and I wasn't even a missionary! I think you should have an office one day with that in it.

I miss you. I think it's been like two days since we've talked. I'll try you tomorrow...tonight I'm pooped.

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

It's funny what sort of art strikes a chord with us. I know there are several pieces that I love and will forever make it up on my wall. There are several other ones that as soon as possible I will buy for my home. One of the ones that we will buy for our home is the one of George Washington praying next to his horse. I love that picture. I love the reason for that picture. :-)

LeeElle said...

love the pictures!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Very nice. I've found that when I decorate my home with things & like & colors I like, people always tell me how nice & homey it looks. Do what you like, and don't compromise with things you don't and your house will be beautifully decorated with things that reflect you.