Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cards

I like to make cards. Usually just Christmas cards. I'm not organized enough to get it together for birthdays or things like that. I like to make a ton of one thing. Makes it easier. Anyway, last year, since I knew that I was moving, I had my Christmas cards made about 3 months in advance. Not only that, they were great looking cards...:) Anyway, I am finally done figuring out what I'm going to do for my cards. It has taken me forever!!! I get most of my stuff through StampinUp. While I was in Germany, I had a very good friend who sold it. And I taught her son piano lessons, so we bartered. It was great!! (Hi Anne, if you're reading this) We had a little group of us that would get together and make things. I loved it. Since I've been here, I've only found one other person that is really into that sort of thing. The problem I've been having, is that I spent too much money while on my trip to CA and AZ. So, I've had to adjust what I want to do, and use as much stuff as I already have. And today I went to Michael's and to Office Depot, and found what I needed (well, mostly) for cheaper than what I could get it at StampinUp. I'm only going to be spending about $20 for the rest of the stuff I need from StampinUp. I'm pretty excited as I will finally be using the ribbon left over from our wedding invitations, and the envelopes that I bought do not need to be licked. I hate licking envelopes. I do have an envelope moistener for that nasty job, but it just takes less time. Hopefully tonight I will make a prototype for my card. The only part of card making that I don't like. I prefer to have someone just tell me what to do. Makes it easier. Do you guys mail out cards? Do you put in pictures? I'm hoping to get our picture taken at the Alamo for this years pictures. Last year we were up at the Heidelberg Castle. (sigh....I miss Germany) When I finish my card, I'll take a picture for all of you to enjoy. I'm no pro, but its fun......

No comments: