Monday, August 27, 2007

Unfocused

I seem to be having a hard time focusing on one subject per post lately. So, don't expect anything different this time.

Still DO NOT HAVE COMPUTER!!!! I called four times at least today. I will be calling again as soon as they open tomorrow. I have no patience, can you tell??

Matt had to take his laptop with him to school, so I was without Internet all day. I am surprised I made it through without any breakdowns. I did do the laundry start to finish, exercise, shower (I always include that in things that I have gotten done because sometimes it doesn't get done), dishes, planned and made dinner, picked up Andrews medical records that finally got here from Walter Reed, did some church stuff, took the kids to the park, cross stitched, read my current book A Year in the Merde (fabulous by the way so far), and gave Lucy a bath while Matt cut Andrews hair and gave him a shower, and now I am finally able to spend some time on a blog.

Found out from my friend that my ring did not cost as much as the one I found on ebay (thank goodness), but I don't really care, because it is an awesome ring, and no one else is going to have one. Ok, someone else in the world might, but not a whole lot of people here.

While we were at the hospital picking up Andrews records, I decided to go and visit someone. Her son was injured and is in the Burn Unit here. She is staying at the guest house (she is actually on orders which is awesome for her and for him) and she will be here for at least another two months or so until he is more able to do things for himself and is an outpatient. Kids under 16 aren't able to go into the ward, so we just waited for her in the really nice waiting room. I've never gone anywhere but family practice and Peds at our hospital. As we were walking into the ward, there were two guys that were leaving. Both of them had been injured, and the only thing I really really remember about them is that one had an eye patch and only one arm. The other one had injuries too, but I don't recall if he was missing an arm or leg. Lucy saw the guy with an eye patch and started saying "pirate". I think its from watching sponge bob. Anyway, these boys were young, and were good looking guys too. I just wanted to hug them, and say thank you, and I almost wanted to give the one guy my arm.

Last night was the finale of Army Wives. Two husbands deployed, and had to deploy earlier than expected. I'm sitting on the couch cross stitching, and tears are just rolling down my face. I was crying more than the actors were!!!! I guess because its a reality for me, and they are just playing a part. I hate crying by the way. I usually do it when no ones around.

I'm going to focus on staying more focused on my blogs....I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you got more done in one day than i do in a week! and a shower?!
thank you for visiting the mother of the wounded soldier. it probably meant a lot for her. don't be afraid to cry when the situation (or your feelings) warrant it. it certainly is not an indication of weakness. on the contrary, it only shows you have a caring heart. and from what i've read, a pretty big one.

nikko said...

Makes me wonder what I could get done if I turned my computer off for the day. LOL.

Your ring is so pretty.

Good for you for visiting the burn unit. I'm sure it meant a lot.