Friday, August 17, 2007

The sun came out

It really did. Camille and I went to the Alamo, and then to the riverwalk for a few minutes. But we were starving, so we went home to get some food. I got some really good pictures of stuff around the Alamo, but since I am still using crappy laptop, I cannot upload the pictures yet. I also heard German being spoken in the gift shop, and then as we were leaving and walking back to the car on the outside of the Alamo, there was a class of kids, teenagers, and they were speaking French!!! Now, to me, the Alamo is kind of boring. I grew up with missions and all of that sort of thing. The Alamo does hold a greater significance than most of the missions, but it still is small, and you can see it all within a half an hour or so. I guess I just don't see why Europeans would want to visit Texas when they live in EUROPE!!!

Update on our computer: it is still with the computer doctor, in hospital one could say, and we got an update today. It is the motherboard. It needs to be replaced. They don't charge us for things that they tried, and still worked. They only charge us for things that they find that don't work. So, now, I'm hoping that Monday will be the day that our computer comes back to us. This one freezes, and it also will just close the screens all by itself as I'm trying to click on something else. I suppose I will survive until Monday...

We also saw the Bourne Ultimatum tonight. LOVED it. Matt Damon is always awesome, and I thought Julia Stiles was much better in this one than the others. I do believe that she has grown into the role a bit more. And I'm fairly certain that next summer there will be another Bourne. I will not tell you my sources, but I know that they filmed in le Jardin de Tuileries, which is in Paris, and there was only about five minutes in Paris in this one. SO..... I'm assuming there will be another one. Can't get any better than Matt Damon and Paris....

Hurricane Dean is supposedly headed our way after it takes out Corpus Christi. We were kind of hoping to go swimming tomorrow....... Pray that it hits another area of Texas where there hasn't been as much rain. There was a lot of flooding around here. Not too fun to drive in.
Ok, nothing much left to talk about. Oh, its Tax Free weekend in Texas!!! Yay for shopping!!!

6 comments:

nikko said...

It surprised me when we were in Paris and we'd walk past travel agencies and there would be all these posters "Visit the American West!" with pictures of the Grand Canyon, etc. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, right?

We got some rain last night up here. But, we haven't had flooding so it was very welcome!

I'm hoping to head out and go shopping today, too!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I've heard nothing but good reviews of the Bourne Ultimatum. I guess I better watch all 3. Paul says I've seen the first one, but all I can think of is Ocean's 11.

Anonymous said...

i was up at Rivercenter Mall on Thursday and saw a gaggle of what seemed to be French students. they were soaking wet, but having fun. it was raining outside and i considered asking if they were in need of a ride, but thought otherwise. they seemed much too content with the rain they are probably accustomed to in europe. anyway, i say them and thought about you and your love of france. stay safe and have a great time with Camille. (beautiful name, by the way!)

wendy said...

My husband spent a few months in San Antonio a few years ago, and we had fun walking around the Alamo and the River Walk, but we enjoyed checking out the other missions in the area, too.

We also liked the big water-slide place - schliterbaun? or something.

How much longer will you guys be there?

TJ said...

we will only be here until december. then we move to the next phase of Matts PA school. we're not sure yet of where we're going.

athena said...

yes, the alamo is not exciting as some of the missions in the area. i can't remember which one we visited but it was really nice. it reminded me of france with the outdoor eating area with the vines overhead.

we were a little concerned about hurricane dean too. i made sure to fill the cars with petrol. LOL.