Friday, August 24, 2007

An amazing gift


Last night my friend Dinah came over. She said she had something for me. She had told me a while ago that she wanted to get something for me to say thank you for working hard on Girls Camp. She also said she needed my ring size. I just figured a CTR (choose the right) or something like that would be what she would give to me. When I opened the box, I found something that looked like this ring. Mine is an oval shape rather than a tear drop. This one I found on ebay for $71. It is Murano glass from Venice Italy. I love this stuff!!!!! I have two watches that I bought from an Italian Vendor at a Bazaar that the military has every year on post. I always get compliments on them. This ring is huge, but I love it!!! I only gave her some candles. Granted, they were really nice, fairly expensive candles, (she loves smelly candles) but that is nothing compared to this amazing ring!!!! I have no idea where she got it because I can't find one like what I have online anywhere yet. And this is as close to it as I found on ebay.
This is one of the most unexpected gifts I have ever received.

5 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Wow. Beautiful. Where on earth did she find it?

I lived in Texas for five years. I had a hard time there too. I don't know that France would be a good alternative for me, but we've recently moved about an hour inland from the Oregon coast and it feels like Paradise.

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

GASP!!! I want one!!!! squee!!!

athena said...

ok, this is uber. much better than a CTR ring! :)

Anonymous said...

nice ring. and will compliment your niceness on your nice finger on a nice day! very nice. yes, it is good to be given something unexpectedly. glad to see it fits you, both literally and figuratively.

Lanes said...

Hi Terina! I finally am getting caught up on everyone's blog. I have been terrible lately, it's been pretty busy! Love love this ring, it does look like you. It's so cute! I hope you guys are doing great, I will be a better friend and call you soon. You know I love you, I'm just really bad at talking on the phone :)