Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My computer and other stuff

My posts have been pretty lame lately. I was lucky to post at all on that crappy laptop. Right now I'm using Matt's brand new beautiful laptop. Our computer is still at the computer doctor. They are still working on it. At first they thought it was the mother board, but they replaced that and it still won't boot up. They are going to call me tomorrow with any updates.......

So, I have a neighbor across the street that we've been helping. He is 22, has PTSD, his leg was blown up in Iraq, his wife recently left him and took their son and his truck. He is really struggling. I feel bad for him. We've given him rides these last few days. Matt went with him to see Rush Hour 3 (he didn't like it) and I've brought him dinner several times, and talked to him quite a bit. It is hard, because I want to help him, but I need to be here for my family too. And my sister was here until yesterday, and I wanted to hang out with her as much as possible before she left. Its just a hard balance. Wanting to help, yet knowing that my first responsibility is to my own family.

I will admit this: I just bought a Spice Girls CD. I know, I'm crazy. But I love the first two songs on the one that is white and then just has SPICE across the front. I also bought a Robyn CD. Can't go wrong with "show me love". They are in preparation for the lovely 6 plus hours that I am going to have in my van with my best friend and her two boys next month. We are going to pretend that we are 20 again (even though there will be four kids sitting behind us) and we're going to yell out the windows, giggle like teenagers, and listen to the music that we used to. We are both really excited about it. We haven't had six hours together in probably five years.

Last night I heard a noise while I was sitting on the couch. So, I looked up, and sitting on a picnic basket that I put my cross stitch in was a nasty cockroach. So, I start saying "Matt Matt get in here!!!!!". He comes running in and I tell him about the cockroach and he says "oh, I thought it was something important." So, I tell him he needs to kill it. He goes and gets a washcloth and chases it a bit around the area and finally gets it. Then he totally egxaggerates (I know that word is spelled wrong, but spell check has "no suggestions", and everything I'm trying isn't working. Anyone???) squishing the washcloth, and then he twists it like he is wringing water out of it and you can HEAR THE CRUNCHING OF THE COCKROACH! So gross!!! At least it was dead, but I could have been spared all of the theatrics. I seriously feel sick to my stomach when I see them. I would not survive in South America with all those huge bugs.

I also need to catch up on my blog reading. I haven't been able to read much lately, so I plan on catching up these next few days. Hopefully I will have my computer back soon, and Matt can play Chessmaster 10,000 on this one while I read my blogs on the other one. It is hard having to share a computer.......

5 comments:

Shelly! said...

I'll make sure to pack markers and paper so we can make signs to flash at other drivers!

I have missed your blogging...but cannot throw any stones as I haven't had time either.

So tell me what you want, what you really, really want. I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want. Woohoo!

LeeElle said...

Did you know the spice girls are doing a reunion tour? Posh was my favorite spice girl back in the day. Now Mrs.Beckham looks more like anorexic/my face looks like a fish because I've had so much work done spice. Excited to see you next month

Shelly! said...

Actually...I think I should check and see if there is a single's dance! :) I mean, it is back to school time.

athena said...

LOL, they've got them big crockroaches in france! ok maybe not as big. :)

Anonymous said...

as for the correct spelling: why bother when only people who care what you say, not how it's said, will read your blog anyway. as for the blog: it was pretty lonely while you were gone. BUT, you got to spend time with your sister AND prepare for your trip. I'm very glad to know you'll have fun. but what about us? will we really have to wait until you return to read of your adventures?!
oh, and as for the cockroaches: i hate them too. but they make nice appetisers when fried and covered with chocolate. just kidding! they are disgusting little creatures and must die.