Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bugs


Since being in Texas, I have seen more bugs than I did my entire two and a half years in Germany!! We had a few cockroaches in the house, and I had to kill them both. So gross!!! I cannot stand them. I was talking to a friend who also lives in Texas. She told me about these amazing things:They give off some kind of ultrasound that we can't hear that disrupts the nervous system of most pests in the house like spiders, roaches and all kind of other nasty things. And some come with a nightlight, and all of them come with an outlet on them so that you can still plug things in using that outlet. I got mine at Walmart. They were only a little over $18 for a package of four. I am loving them so far. Worth the money if I don't have to squish anymore cockroaches, and I don't get anymore spider bites.

9 comments:

athena said...

sheesh, no wonder you hate it where you are! spiders and cockroaches in the house and getting bitten, that's just one big pain in the neck!

Millie said...

Yeah, ouch. Spider bites??? I'd move just for that (if i could).

How do those work for mice?

TJ said...

i don't think they work for mice. i just bought another one for lucys room today, so i'll look at it and see if it does do anything for mice.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

We got one called "pest-a-repel" online that is specifically for mice, but it claims to work on spiders, roaches, etc as well.

I can tell you it did NOT work at all on spiders, or any bugs as far as I can tell, but there were no more mouse tracks in the house. My SIL & MIL have used them to keep mice out for years with good success.

Lei said...

Eek, cockroaches. They used to attack me (fly at me) on my way into my house at night!!!

TJ said...

ok, just looked at the one i bought, and it says to keep it away from pet turantulas (gross) mice, hamsters and gerbils. so maybe it does work for those. but i don't have any of those kind of pets. well, we don't have any pets. i can't even take care of my kids let alone an animal....

Super Happy Girl said...

Pet tarantulas :P Yuck.
I hate cockroaches, we had some in Mexico, I hate them
No cockroaches here. Does it work on flies? Ants? Stepchildren??

Misty said...

Oh no! Not roaches! I lived in Harlingen, Texas for about a year - - and man oh man, did we have roaches! Huge ones, small ones, flying ones......... That was one of the worst years of my life as a teen!! BUG BOMBS, if you can!!!

Shelah said...

Oh my gosh! I think you just made my husband a very happy man. We went on vacation a few weeks ago and turned the a/c off, and I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not (probably not) but ever since we've been finding Texas-sized roaches every few days (ick! eew!). We keep trying different killing methods and so far, we haven't fully eradicated them, it appears.