Monday, May 28, 2007

We got to hang out

Yesterday at church some friends invited us over for dinner. It was just us bringing whatever we had to share. It was a pretty good dinner! Anyway, the exciting thing for me was that Matt went, and hung out with everyone too! Since he's been in the Physicians Assistant Program, we have been able to do very little with others. He is usually gone before 7am and then comes home around 4 or 5 and then studies until he goes to bed. And weekends, he spends the whole day studying. He takes breaks, and he exercises, but other than eating dinner together, we don't see much of him. Some of you may think, wow, this seems a little excessive on the studying. It is a very competetive course. Each trimester is about 30 unit hours or more. The hard part about it, is that if your average goes below 75%, you could be dropped out of the program. Very high stress. Anyway, so it was very exciting for me to be a "couple" instead of "single" when I went to someones house. And the kids had a great time playing too. I won't get many of these nights. The only reason is that he had Friday off, and of course today. I wish we had more long weekends like this.

6 comments:

nikko said...

Glad you got to be a couple!

Mrs. O said...

It's nice to recharge your "coupleness" - it keeps you going.

LeeElle said...

I feel your pain! Law school is the same way. It's always nice to get to spend time with your husband. Not too much longer till Matt is done with school-yay!

wendy said...

I'm glad you got to go out on a date with your guy!

Bummer about all the yucky school stuff. We have been there! That is hard. Sometimes I think that's even harder than a regular old deployment. But you seem to be doing great!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am so glad you were able to feel like a couple again. School can be rough on a marriage.

Shelly! said...

I cannot even tell you how glad I am to read this.