Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This is what I want to do

I am realizing that I have lots of things that have nothing to do with housework that I want to do everyday, but I'm lucky if I get to do them in a weeks time or even a months time. Here is the list:

-practice the piano half an hour
-review french for half an hour
-read one of my books that I haven't read yet
-cross stitch for an hour and watch a show that I like at the same time
-get caught up on my scrapbooking
-read and write blogs
-printing and organizing all the pictures on the computer
-study/read my scriptures for half an hour
-exercise for forty five minutes
-spend time alone with each of my kids
-read to my kids
-just play with my kids

Obviously all of that is impossible. And not everything is on that list. I do play with my kids most days. And I have been exercising for the last two weeks, pretty much every day. I do cross stitch, but not every day. I haven't done any french homework for weeks. There is just no way that I could do that every day or even every week. Somehow the dishes, making dinner, vacuuming, laundry and all the little stuff in between gets in the way. I try to bring my book or my cross stitch to the park so that I can do that while they play. But that is about as good as it gets. I'm hoping that by adding one thing at a time, that eventually I will have a schedule on when and for how long I can do each thing. Right now I'm just working on getting up early enough to ride the bike and do my crunches and get in the shower before they get up.

Maybe next month I can add in practicing the piano regularly. Maybe even make it into a lesson time for the kids. Next month I'll let you know what I add in.....and if it works....

3 comments:

nikko said...

Good luck! I find that setting aside an hour a day to do something I WANT TO DO is do-able, if I do it in "chunks" of time. For a while, I had a "policy" that naptime/quiettime was my time. I was not "allowed" to do housework during naptime. It was awesome. I need to start that back up again.

wendy said...

I've found that if I commit myself to playing a special song at church, I get really good at practicing the violin every day.

I like your to-do list!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I always dream big, but then I always end up just trying to survive.