Sunday, May 13, 2007

My brain is gone

Monday, Matt put his suits on the front door to remind me that they needed to be taken to the dry cleaners. I didn't get them there until Thursday morning. Luckily she said that they would be done Saturday. Phew, I thought. Just in time for church. I could only pick them up between 2 and 4:30. I remembered that morning, I remembered when I took the kids to the park before 1. I didn't remember when we got back from the park, or at any other point until it was almost 9pm, and there was not chance of picking them up. So, Matt looked around in his closet and didn't find anything that he could wear to church. It ended up that he stayed home with the kids and I got to go to church by myself. Kind of a nice thing to have every once in a while. But when I've gone without kids, I find myself bored out of my mind. Not all the time, but sometimes I wish I could bring my cross stitch to church just to keep my hands busy. I can listen better sometimes when my hands are busy. It ended up that a friend had brought someone else's boys to church and they sat with me, and I had a little guy on my lap most of the time. I am so retarded. Maybe someday I can remember things like this.....

6 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I could write the longest comment ever here and share story after similar story! Been there, done all that! (and I so often wish I could cross-stitch during Sunday School!)

I've started carrying a notebook around with me all day, and writing down things as they occur to me. It's helped a lot. =)

TJ said...

kim, that is a great idea! i will see what i can find to help me with that....

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

lol!! I'm so with you on that! I definitely need something keeping me busy while I listen at church for some reason. Haven't figured out what works for me yet though. sigh. Hey my mom used to have a book that looked like a quiet book for her kids but inside was her sewing that she would secret out of it's little ziplock bags and work on while listening.

nikko said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's so helpful to have a little one in your lap -- then you don't have to stare at the speaker the entire time. Or, get in the Primary presidency. Sundays are a whole lot more exciting for me (and go by A LOT faster) now!

wendy said...

Bummer about the dry cleaning! No tan pants and aloha shirt? That would work here!

Marine Wife said...

You're not retarded, you're a mom! Let's face it, there is always something to distract us in the middle of something, leaving a trail of half-done items behind us. Happens to me all the time!