Thursday, May 17, 2007

5 things meme

I still have yet to figure out what Meme really means, but I'm sure it has to do with those question things that you fill out. Anyway, Jamie over at I Love Flip Flops unofficially tagged me.

Since I haven't really done one of these things, I thought I would give it a try.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
In 1997 I had just sent of my first missionary, and was working at a restaurant with the name of Calamity Jane. I was also in my first semester of community college. And still living at home. And no, I did not marry that missionary. (thank goodness!!)

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Sigh.... I was still in Heidelberg Germany. My grandpa and his wife had just left after visiting us for three weeks. I drove them all over the place. It was fun some of the time. I was teaching piano lessons everyday. I had also recently gotten back from a weekend trip to Poland to buy my favorite thing, pottery. Matt was actually gone at this exact time last year. I remember because I was by myself on Mothers Day, and ended up having to get someone to watch Andrew while I took Lucy to the ER. It was nothing, but I distinctly remember that day. I can't remember where Matt was at the time. I think it might have been Switzerland. See?? It is so much cooler to live over there than in the place I'm living now.....sigh....

5 snacks you enjoy
(only 5!)
spice drops
lays stacks
cadbury crunchie bars
quality chocolate
Gouda crackers from France

5 songs that you know all the lyrics to
Smashmouths All Star (thanks to never ending watching of Shrek)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Stand beside me (can't remember who sings this one)
American Soldier
I'm a believer (another thanks to shrek)

5 things you would do if you were a millionaire
pay off my debt
pay off my families debts (and shells)
buy a house in France so that I can go whenever I want
put some away for my kids college
give some away anonymously to people who don't expect it

5 bad habits
too much time on the computer
eat too much candy
talk way too much on the phone
don't do enough of the things that I should (like housework.....)
don't drink enough water

5 things I like doing
reading
being on the computer
cross stitching
talking on the phone to friends
shopping

5 things I would never wear again
jeans that were too short for me
two pairs of socks at the same time
bangs
anything with pleats at the waist
green eyeshadow

5 favorite toys
awesome photo printer
camera
Andrew and Lucy when they aren't grumpy
flat iron
doors that shut and my kids can't open them

I will unofficially tag anyone that wants to do this. Sometimes they are fun when you don't do them very often. And if anyone can tell me what Meme stands for I would love it. And how do you say it?? Me-me or is it Mem. Hmmmmmm........

4 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

When I first started blogging, the meme thing made no sense to me. It seems like you figured it out pretty well.

So how many missionaries did you sent out :) ?!?

TJ said...

only 2, but married neither one of them.

Shelly! said...

You were a little bit of a missionary tease :)

I think meme means 'me me'. Like all about me. Me me me me me!

And I sure hope you become a millionaire but I do not hope that you give up your 'bad habit' of talking to me on the phone.

You are my SANITY!

athena said...

haha, i think we have a lot in common.