Saturday, May 12, 2007

Surprise!!

As we all know, tomorrow is Mother's Day. My husband has never really been into doing much on these type of days. And it doesn't bother me. As a family, we usually go and do something Friday nights. Sometimes its just out to eat at Sonic (which doesn't even compare to In-n-out) or sometimes we have gotten a babysitter. Yesterday I wanted to go to this certain Mexican restaurant because they have amazing fish taco's and they also have the biggest play place thing that I have ever seen inside a restaurant. Matt said that he wanted to go to El Pollo Loco. OK, fine. I like that place too. He also asked me to pick up the living room. He only does that when someone is going to come over. (and he asked me that when he came home for lunch, which isn't normal for him) I was planning on vacuuming anyway, so it didn't bother me too much. I was also wearing some capri's that I got from the Jr's section last year, that are comfy, but I have stopped wearing in public. I feel like a teenager, and they have a hole in one leg at the knee that is supposed to be there. Anyway, he made a comment that I shouldn't wear it, so I changed. We get in the car and go, and we're driving around. I see a place called La Madelaine. And of course it is french and I say something about it. We pass it, and then he says that he thinks he missed a turn. We go back and pull into the parking lot of La Madelaine, and then he makes a call and says "we're here". And I am totally confused. We go into the restaurant, and we're waiting, and then my friend Jessica and her friend Victoria show up with Jessica's husband and son. (the little guy with Lucy on yesterday's post) Our husbands had planned this, then they took the kids and let us eat dinner at this restaurant and then we went to Victoria's house and watched The Queen, which was very very good, and we were at her house until 2am!!!!! I haven't stayed up late with girls for so long. It was really fun. And at the restaurant they had patisseries. Not as good as the real ones in France, but I'll take what I can get!! So, I bought lots of treats for myself for the rest of the weekend. I'll post a picture later of what I bought.

I was so surprised!!! Matt hasn't done things like that in the past. I'm not expecting it again anytime soon. His schedule and the amount of studying he has does not always allow for these kinds of things to happen. So, even though I don't like Mother's Day, it looks like I will be having a good one.....

7 comments:

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

So nice of him! I like La Madeline too. So yummy. I agree not like the 'REAL' stuff but pretty darn good anyway

nikko said...

La Madeleine is so yummy. What a sweet thing for your hubby to do for you!

J.Ammon said...

See, husbands aren't all bad

Millie said...

Oh, that is just adorable. What a fun plan they pulled off! Way to go guys! :)

Hope you have a great Mother's Day (in spite of everything). ;)

wendy said...

What a sweetie! Up 'til 2am! How fun!

Happy Mother's Day!

Shelly! said...

Wow - score ten points for Matt!

Happy Mom's Day TJ!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Sometimes husbands just need a little prodding and reminding, but they are wonderful!

Happy Mother's Day ... even though I know you don't like this day :)!!