Monday, May 21, 2007

This is killing me

I am really really wanting to go back to Germany. It is just killing me that we have to live in Texas. I know people love Texas, and that there are many things that are great about living here. Its just not France or Germany. And the likely hood of my finding someone here that spoke french or found a place that had anything close to the atmosphere of living in Europe is close to zero. I think I need to start saving up for buying my house in France. I've actually looked at properties online. See, that is how crazy I am. I'll just have to pray that we get sent to Landstuhl Army Hospital, or to a unit in Germany. But then he might be deployed. Sigh..... Can't have everything I guess....

4 comments:

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

LOL Don't worry I do it too. Hee hee. Except my place is Spain. LOOOOOVEEEE Spain. My only consolation to not being there right now is know that one day, maybe not in a long long time but one day I will be there, I will live there, I will go to the lovely pastry shops. mmmm. It's odd how we all know that we have certain times in our live where we have to do and be places we just don't want to be and how sanity arrives in dreaming. Can I just tell you how many times a week I visit realtor.com. Seriouly, it's getting (maybe has been) sad. Oh well one day. And on that day I will LIVE IT UP!! Till then....

nikko said...

It took me quite a few moves (we lived in 5 different states in the first 5 years of our marriage!) to realize that it was up to ME to enjoy where I was and to make the best of it. I had to decide to be happy. It made a big difference.

I came to Texas kicking and screaming... wanted nothing to do with it, but we're stuck here for forever (it's DH's "dream job") so I'm learning to like it. ;o)

You are so lucky that you got to live in Europe. You'll always have those memories (and, you can always go and visit!) even if you never live there again.

Betty Carlson said...

I love the music on your blog -- too bad it just turned off when I went to the comments!

I do not think I would like Texas either...European life has a lot to say for itself, even though it is changing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I will try to do the same with you, although I'm like you -- I read way too many!

J.Ammon said...

A good thing to point out to Texans is that they're only the 2nd largest state in the US and that they stole the land from Mexico. That usually goes over well.

Also only sing "The stars at night are big and bright..." and then stop and walk away.

Insulting their BBQ can be used for good laughs as well. Say you prefer Memphis or St. Louis style instead.

But I'm sure that just knowing that you'd rather live in France would piss-off every red blooded Texan in the world.