Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yum

Yesterday my brother came to visit! He and his wife were up here visiting friends for the weekend, and came to our little town yesterday morning. Sadly, we have no furniture, nor did we have a lot of time to do anything terribly fun. But. My brother has a friend that works on Air France and flies between Paris and the States often. And he just happened to be in Seattle the same time my brother was. Which I knew about a month ago. So I requested a few little things for him to bring me.:) I got me some treats yesterday!!! After my brother came here, I followed them up to Seattle and met up with his friend, which we'll call K (mostly because I don't know how to spell his name) and his friend A at the Cheesecake factory. I ate good food, spoke franglais, and got to hang out with my brother. I had met K four years ago. He got us a fantastic hotel in Les Grands Avenues in Paris for super cheap. My mom had been visiting me in Germany, picked my brother up in Switzerland, and then right before they flew back, we hopped on the train to Paris. I had a sick 18 month old, pregnant, and had been with my mom for 7 weeks. So when K told me I looked younger than I did four years ago, it felt kinda good. And then he said that he didn't remember me being so fun. Hmmmm, pregnant, sick toddler, walking all over Paris with a mother that has no idea of how to blend in or how to treat people when you're in a different country.....I was cranky. It was a lot of fun. And I have a ton of leftover food in my fridge from my meal because I couldn't finish!! And now that Andrew is sleeping, I might bust out my dulce de leche cheesecake. I am so excited about the treats that K brought me. Haven't had my Suchard Rochers yet, but maybe after the cheesecake........

No comments: