Thursday, May 21, 2009

I KNEW this was coming....but......

Matt called me today. He had started in processing. And he had news. The biggest of which is that instead of Iraq, he'll be going to Afghanistan. And soon. Whatever that means. Sigh. I have been trying to tell myself that this day would come for a long time. I had kind of gotten ok with Iraq. But. Afghanistan. Time to start getting used to that. And I've probably said this before, but I tell myself that my husband isn't going to be fighting. He's going to save these guys who have to do the fighting so that they can come back to their families. So, now to start getting used to another change in our plans. At least the sun is out today! And should be for a few days thank goodness.:)

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

oh, honey.... I know this is what we do...what we signed up for....but it doesn't change the fact that it is hard. I am sorry and I am here for you when you need a virtual shoulder to lean on.

Emily S. said...

Thinking of you as you try to wrap your mind around this new thing.... Hang in there!!!