Thursday, November 8, 2007

I love this stuff


I love polish pottery. I fell in love with it while I was in Germany. It was everywhere! The above picture is of my stuff that a friend bought for me when she went to Poland last March. I myself have been to Poland twice to buy pottery. I loved both times. I have pictures of the second time, but I just want to talk about my pottery right now. It is so much cheaper in Poland than anywhere else. My pattern is the daisy pattern you see on the bowls. I have dinner plates, dessert plates, small bowls, casseroles, large serving bowls, a small pitcher, small canister, salt and peppers, butter dish, and even little buttons. Plus what you see above. I always wanted blue and yellow in my kitchen, and daisies, and this pattern fit perfectly into what I wanted. I have other pieces in different patterns too. They sell it at most PXs and they have pretty good prices for pottery in the states. At the online stores, it gets really expensive. The reason I love this is that you can bake, microwave and put it in the dishwasher. It cooks food better than any pyrex dish that I own. And you don't have to grease it. A little bit of hot water, and it cleans off perfectly. This is one of the reasons that I want to go back, is so that I can get more of this amazing stuff. You put it in a cold oven, and you can heat your oven up to 350 and it will cook anything amazing. Sometimes you can find it at Marshalls, Ross, or TJ Maxx. I actually pulled out a bowl that I'd had for several years and realized that it was polish pottery once I was in Germany. But my husband broke that bowl. Lucky for him it wasn't my favorite bowl. If you have a chance to get some of this, do it. It might be a little pricey, but you will never want to cook with anything else ever again!!! I actually don't have the stuff above yet. I have to go pick it up from my friends neighbor who has since moved to College Station, TX. She brought it with her and I can't wait to get my stuff!! Some of the above are gifts, but the bowls and utensil holder are mine. And the magnets. I cannot tell you how much I love this stuff!!!

No comments: