Monday, November 26, 2007

My kids are strange

My kids are weird. They like to eat stuff, and are excited about eating stuff, that normal kids would run away from. This was my 2 year old a few nights ago:

Lucy: Mom, can I have your broccoli??

Me: Sure

Lucy: OH Fank you mommy, fank you!!!!!

Tonight I made a spinach casserole that is kind of like a quiche without a crust. It has onions in it, and of course spinach. My kids ate it up really fast. Andrew even ate the onions, even though they were a little bit "spicy" as he said.

They often will come to me and ask for carrots. Andrew will ask to eat celery. And when I say that we're having pot pies for dinner, they literally do a dance they are so excited. They love the stuff inside of them. I finally started buying the smaller Marie Calendar ones so they each could have their own. They each can almost finish one on their own. Andrew will eat baked sweet potatoes and ask for more. They love salmon. I have no idea why they are like this. I didn't do anything to make them like this. I guess I was just lucky. Hopefully when I have the next one they will be just as excited about eating broccoli and spinach. :)

4 comments:

Shelly! said...

Yeah, rub it in my face why don't you?

I guess I'll just have to send my kids to live with you for a month :)

LeeElle said...

oh Lucy...she's adorable. Who doesn't love pot pies?

Mamapierce said...

How wonderful that they prefer veggies over other things. My daughter, Anna, just asked me if she could go on a "sugar diet". *sigh*

Emily S. said...

that is so cute!!!! I'll dream of it for my kids someday....

(i can almost hear Lucy's "fank you!"... so cute.