Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Le Prince D'Egypte

For those of you who don't speak French (or can't figure out what my title says) it says Prince of Egypt. On my mission, the music from this movie was some of my favorite. And of course it was in French. I was at Walmart last night, and I saw it there for $7.50. I bought it. Something that the kids can watch on Sundays instead of things like Cars or Toy Story. (we love those movies too, but I try to have more spiritual things to watch on Sundays) So, I put it on today. Matt even sat down to watch it with the kids. Just listening to the music made tears come to my eyes. Partly because I remember things from my mission, and partly because I just love the music. One of the last songs has the line "There can be miracles when you believe". I don't know the title of the song. Anyway, it just kind of hit me. Been feeling very very overwhelmed with the fact that we're moving and his family will be here at the same time. Also, I just have a hard time getting our bathrooms and other stuff done in our home. I know it sounds simple, but if I believe that I can do it, and focus on just doing one thing at a time, I can do it. Which is a miracle for me. Anyone want to come over and help me pack???

4 comments:

J.Ammon said...

I love that movie...I gave the soundtrack to my mission girlfriend, now I wish I would've kept it

TJ said...

hmmmm, who was your mission girlfriend???

Mamapierce said...

I believe that song is entitled: When you believe. It is a great song. When did you serve your mission in France?

TJ said...

jill: i served from june 1999 to december of 2000. i was in the bordeaux france mission. i miss it!! texas just isn't europe, or anywhere near it.