Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Update on the fleas

We spoke to housing today, and apparantly the people that fogged us never told me that I didn't have things "picked up" enough to do a complete fogging. And they didn't tell me anything about bagging up the kids toys and putting them in a closet with a towel at the bottom to keep the chemical from getting on their toys. Either I'm dumb, or I just had no idea what they were doing when they fogged, and they gave me very little instructions, and of course, I had no idea what to ask. Because Matt is home, we got a lot of stuff done today, a lot of stuff picked up, thown away, and put away. So maybe the next time they come it will be better for them. But they didn't say a word when they came in the house. They didn't say that I need to have this and this and this done before they could fog, and that they can come back the next day when I've done it.

I'm a little irritated with that, but we've worked hard to get things to how they should be today. Just so that you don't think I'm a horrible housekeeper (ok, so I am, but my bathrooms are clean and our clothes are clean too, not to mention our dishes are always clean too) but I am cluttery. Anyway, we moved in the day Matt started school, and other than the two women that the moving company sent out the next day to help me unpack I've been by myself with two small kids to do it all. Add to that I'm unorganized, and that I just don't see the need to kill myself picking up after everyone and constantly cleaning, my house gets a little cluttery. Oh well. I'm hoping I'll get better with this moving thing once we've done it a few more times.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Fleas! Ew! You know, yesterday, at my house, I found just the thing to take care of your fleas... (you'll have to go read yesterday's post on my blog - shameless plug)

I just noticed your blog on Millie's sidebar - aloha! I'm excited to find another mo military wife!

athena said...

hallelujah! i finally figured out how to sign in to blogspot (i had forgotten my password).

anyway, sorry to hear about your house. i know that if that was me i would not be a happy camper to know that i was living in a flea infected house. i would be saying things that i would regret. courage!