Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Interview by Millie

Millie over at What On Earth Is That Smell asked for people to interview. I thought it would be fun, so I volunteered. Gives me something different to blog about right? Here are the questions and answers:

1. If you didn't have to consult with your husband when naming your children, what would you have named them?
They would still be Andrew and Lucy. I pretty much decided what I wanted and asked Matt what he thought. He didn't have much to say, he's a pretty easy going guy when it comes to this stuff. I didn't give Lucy a middle name, and his mom had a problem with that. I was still in the hospital, and she had called and was talking to him. After he hung up, he came over and said, why don't we give her a middle name of Christine? I said NO WAY! (no offense to those of you who have this name) That was his moms name, and i KNEW that she had made that suggestion. I figured that she had had four kids of her own, and she had her chances of passing along her name if she wanted. These were my kids, and no way was she naming them. And to ask me while I'm still recovering from my emergency c-section??? Just plain bad timing. Maybe before I had her, but the answer would still have been NO! I would have been a little nicer about it though.

2. What is your favorite kitchen gadget and why?
I don't have many kitchen gadgets. I do love my rice cooker. I love how you can put it in and push a few buttons and you don't have to set a timer, or worry about having burnt rice, or undercooked rice. Anything to make cooking my dinner a little easier I'm all for. I also love my spoon rest. (does that count as a kitchen gadget?) It is the kind that stands the spoon up, not laying it down. I guess the best part about it was that I got it at Ross for only $2.50.

3. How did you meet your husband?
I had heard of him many years (ok, only 3 years) before I ever met him. I had a friend that was "waiting" for him while he was on a mission for our church. But then she started dating another guy (which she ended up marrying) while he was gone, but she had never written him. So, that is how I first heard of him. I ended up serving a mission myself, and I met him in person about two months after I got back. I was at a fireside (a devotional type of meeting in the evenings) at church and he and someone else sang. Afterwards, I was talking to a friend of mine (and his I soon found out) and had said that he had asked her what she thought of his singing. She doesn't know much about music, but she knew I did, so she said that I should tell him what I thought. Well, I did. I said that the piano should have been louder, and....... obviously I wasn't too nice about it. But we ended up talking for a while. The same friend invited me to play basketball with them that week, he asked for my number and five months later we were married. I used to make fun of people like me that would get married so fast. I have now learned to keep my mouth shut!! We will have been married 6 years this July.

4. What good movies have you seen lately? (If none, whats your favorite movie of all time?)
I haven't watched many movies lately. I did recently finish reading "Marie Antoinette, The Journey", so I thought I would check out the movie. I enjoyed it for lots of reasons. One of which was that I just love watching anything that is filmed in France. Makes me feel closer to my second home. I liked it because of the costumes and the scenery. I have never been to Versailles, and although I have seen pictures, it really helped that they were able to film inside. It made a lot more sense to me. I didn't like it because it just stops as they were having to leave Versailles. There is so much more to the book after that. And they left out one of the kids. She had four kids. I liked how the little girl that played Marie-Therese was a little french girl and spoke french in the movie. I would like to watch it again before I take it back.

5. Are you doing genealogy and if so, where were all four of your grandparents born?
I am not doing genealogy. But I'm pretty sure that my moms parents were both born in Utah, most likely the Logan area. My dads dad was born in Southern California I think, and my dads mom was born in Utah. Not sure where on that one.

Now, if you would like to be Interviewed let me know, and in a few days I will hit you with your questions.
Thanks Millie, this was fun.

4 comments:

Millie said...

Yay! It was fun learning more about you.

I used to make fun of people who got married so fast, too, but I married mine after knowing him four months. :)

Shelly! said...

I still make fun of people who get married so fast :)

It's funny TJ - I'd never heard your story of the possible Lucy Christine. Hilarious and very much like her.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I enjoyed reading this! Now I feel like I "know" you better.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Great interview questions and responses! It is always fun to get to know people better.

I loved the middle name story and how you and your husband met :)!!