Saturday, April 21, 2007

I read this in one evening

Yesterday I started to read a book called "The Kommandant's Girl" by Pam Jenoff. I started reading it, and I just couldn't put it down. I went to bed at 2am because I just had to keep reading! It is a story of a young woman during WWII. She is Polish and she is Jewish. She becomes involved with the resistance. I am always fascinated by stories of this time in history. Just the courage these people had and the things that they did just to survive. This is not a true story, but it was still a good story. And it is 395 pages. It is a very easy read (obviously, since I did it in one evening.) I will probably post more reviews of the books I have read. I love to read. Now that I am back in the USA, having a Barnes and Noble close by is just about heaven for me. Now, if I could just live in one, that would be all I would need.

2 comments:

Shelly! said...

Two words:

PUBLIC LIBRARY

Find it, use it. No doubt they have a kids section where Andrew and Lucy can play and expend energy. I love ours and it's cheaper than your B&N.

TJ said...

i know. andrew would disappear so fast though. i know there is a cool one not too far, i just need directions. but barnes and noble will still be my favorite store next to Ross and then all my favs in germany and france...