Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sea World

We went to Sea World yesterday. Because we are in the military, we get free tickets to Sea World once a year, up to four tickets. So, we took advantage of that free bee. The picture below is of Matt and Andrew looking at the sharks swim by.

This is Lucy next to one of the many fish tanks. My kids were not very photogenic at Sea World.
Andrew went on his first "roller coaster" ride. I could hear him screaming. And it stopped halfway through the first run, so instead of going around only twice, he got to go 3 times. I'm not sure if he liked it.
We saw the Viva show with the spotted dolphins (i think) and the white beluga whales. Also, the girl on the right is a synchronized swimmer, and the guy on the left is a trainer. There were a lot of acrobatics during this show, and it was really cool. But Andrew complained that the music was too loud while Lucy sat very still on my lap and watched. That never happens.
We also saw the Believe show with the orca whales. Now, for some dumb reason, when I watched the Viva show and the Believe show, I get tears in my eyes. I think its the combination of the music and watching these amazing animals and the people that work with them. I get like that when I hear people singing and their voices just blend and move together perfectly. And while we were getting our tickets, a marching band was playing outside of Sea World, and they started to play the Star Spangled Banner. And the tears came again. They're coming as I type. So irritating. Luckily I had my glasses on most of the day and no one could see the extra moisture in my eyes.

It was a great great day. I'm sad because when we saw the prices, there is no way that we will be able to go again and pay. Unless we got a pass, but I'm not crazy enough to go by myself with two little kids. I'm also sad because this is the end of Matt's week off, and we're back to him studying all day and all weekend and me and the kids doing our own thing.

There are pictures of me at Sea World, but I couldn't put anymore than five pictures on this post, so maybe I will post more pictures when I'm done. If any of you want to go, you should. And we're only half an hour away too, so if you're lucky, you could stay with us!!

1 comment:

wendy said...

I get the tears in my eyes at odd moments, too. Like yesterday at my daughter's trackmeet. The 7th grade boys were running and for some reason it choked me up. Luckily my dd wasn't watching me - how embarrassing!

We went to Sea World, once, when we lived in Abilene,TX. The main thing I remember is my MIL doing the Macarena while waiting for the water ski show. Now THAT was embarrassing.