Monday, April 2, 2007

Look what I found this morning


We have had a lot of rain lately, and this morning I was going to go down and get the boxes that had gotten soaked when our basement flooded. (there is nothing that the army will do about that. yay for old crappy houses) I went out to open our doors that go down to the basement and I was so surprised I screamed. Because there was a frog. Just not something that I expect to find when I go out to the basement. So I got Andrew and Lucy to come out and look at it. They have never really seen a frog in real life.


I am really not liking this Texas place much. Finding frogs and lizards (because we found one of those too this morning under the doors of my basement) and having my kids being eaten alive by fleas, and a basement that floods.... I could go on but then I'm just wallowing in self pity.

I do enjoy the thunder and lightning storms that we've had recently, and I love how big my front porch is. But I am glad that we only have 9 more months of living here!!

1 comment:

nikko said...

Hi. Found your blog via a comment at Millie's place. I like reading about your european adventures. My DH served in France, too.

Give Texas a try. I didn't like it at first, either. Hey, at least you have a basement. Can't find one around here (Fort Worth) for nothing!