Monday, June 2, 2008

Dumb Electricity

So, I had great plans for today. I was going to be productive. I was going to exercise, read my scriptures, declutter at least two areas, do laundry, and figure out something to give to Andrews teachers tomorrow. Then, my electricity went out. Which means in the very humid heat we had no A/C. Not knowing how long it would be out, I didn't dare open our freezer or fridge so that any cold air would stay put. I couldn't vacuum, and the load that I had started not ten minutes before the electricity went out, would just have to sit there until it came back on. I ended up going to a friends house (whose house is normally like a walk in freezer) to hang until mine came back. It came back on right before Andrew got out of school. And at that point, all I had accomplished was exercising and putting a load of wash in for it to just sit there. Sigh. This is the second time it has gone out here. I did manage to make a new recipe for dinner tonight. Which every one ate except for Lucy. (I thought it was pretty good)

So, tomorrow is Andrew's last day of school. Am I a bad parent if I don't get the teacher and the aide anything? I really don't know what to get them. I hardly know them, and I've kind of had a stinky attitude the whole time about it. I mean, we're going to move again in six months, so why get involved with a school that I'm not going to be at for at least three years? I think I would feel differently if we were going to be here for much longer. So, I don't know. We thought of making them cookies, but that didn't happen today, and I don't know if it will happen tomorrow. I kind of feel like a really lame parent for doing nothing. I guess this is our first experience with "school" so maybe I'll get better at this next year.

1 comment:

Jessica S. said...

usually I just get my kids' teachers a gift card for a restaurant. THen they can go out to eat - or regift it if they want.

What was your new recipe? Post it girl so we can try it too!! Or put the link in :)