Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pushing me over.....

My son is going to do it. Push me over the edge. These last few days with him have been the worst ever. First was dumping finger paints onto our carpet. Next was letting loose with a primal yell in Primary when I wouldn't talk to him while I was doing singing time. Yesterday, somehow he found scissors and cut two holes into a sheet I have kept on a mattress in the office. (we've had a friend spend the night a few times as he lives far away from post and he sometimes has to work really late and then still be there for PT at 0530 hours) His explanation was that he wanted to have a puppet show. (he likes to climb under the fitted sheet, and that is when I saw his two fingers sticking out of the sheet.) And this is only the big things. I'm thinking that he is suffering because first Lucy was sick, and I had to pay attention to her, and then I got sick, so I couldn't pay attention to anyone. And somehow, cutting holes in my expensive sheet that I have no way of fixing because I don't own a sewing machine is the way he tried to get it. Kids are so creative. So, today I am determined that I will get physical with this very physical little boy. He loves to wrestle, be tickled, and jump like a maniac. Boys have so much energy in their little bodies, and in a small house, not too many ways to get it out. And this week, I need to take the tons of paperwork over to the school and get him in his PreK class. Lucy's sickness last week kept me from getting that done. But must do it this week.

I spoke to the Primary President about Andrew. We're going to give it until about April, to see if his behavior gets better. Because he did this same stuff with Matt too. I'll just have to work with him during the week, and hope that the PreK helps too.

2 comments:

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

Oh, hang in there! I'm so sorry to hear your son has been giving you so much trouble.

Have you been called into the Primary? My husband and I teach the CTR 5's in the Fayetteville 3rd ward. Goodness...they can be a real handful sometimes...

TJ said...

that is my sons age group. in our ward there are so many, they have to split them up. and on top of that, there are 7 autistic kids in our one little primary. i'm the chorister. i need to get online and find some good idea's for teaching junior primary. not the best at that yet.