Friday, February 22, 2008

The one time Disneyland was bad

I though I would share a story about my past.

I came home from my mission in December. Literally days before Christmas and the night before my sister got married. A guy that I had waited for before I even went on my mission was still around. He came to my homecoming, and we kind of hung out. It wasn't that great with him. He called me up and asked if I wanted to do to Disneyland with him. He said the words "free ticket" and not once said "I only have one, so you'll have to pay for yourself". I honestly don't remember if the word ticket was plural or not. I go to his house, he drives us out there. We park, and he says "Do you need to buy a ticket?" I said "WHAT???" He only had one ticket. Didn't bother to share that one with me. Didn't even offer to pay for half of mine. And I hadn't brought that much with me because I had not been home for that long and had only had a job for maybe two weeks. But because I wanted to go, I paid for my ticket, which only left a little bit left for me to eat on and we went. I remember thinking, "I'll just have a fun time no matter if he is such a jerk." Looking back I should have made him drive me home and had him waste his free ticket. I think that day was the last day that he could use it. His parents apologized like crazy for their retarded son. Obviously, I did not marry him. He ended up getting married shortly before Matt and I did. But not even my parents got an invitation because she didn't want any of his ex's to come to the wedding. Um, what am I going to do? Beg him to come back to me? Yeah, I don't think so. My parents did still like him, kind of, and did want to go to the wedding. So I had to call his mom and ask if my parents could have an invitation. What a guy. I don't remember if they went or not. I think I had gone to Utah to another wedding of one of my companions, and Matt had come with me. Which was a lot of fun, well, mostly. But that is another post.

6 comments:

steve-o said...

Wow. I really hope that wasn't my brother.

TJ said...

no. it was not. your brother is a little smarter than this guy.

Shelly! said...

Ha ha ha. Stories like this help remind me that even as hard as the 'M' word can be, it still beats crap like this.

miranda said...

niiiice. i went to disneyland with someone who became an ex. but it was actually very fun at the time.

i love these stories, because they offer a great chance to laugh about things that might not have been as funny at the time.

Amanda said...

I'm glad you shared this memory. I actually have one about Matt that goes something like this.

TJ said...

really amanda? that is awesome. you'll have to email that one to me.