Thursday, July 5, 2007

New Stuff

I got a new camera last friday!! It is a Canon Powershot A550. The camera that I really want costs about 5 times the amount we paid for this one. But this one is better than our other one, and that is all I care about. I really like it so far. Couldn't really use it last night, as there were very few fireworks out here. (rain.....)

I have been looking for dining room chairs too. About four and a half years ago, we bought our table. It was at a clearance sale at Levitz, or some other furniture place where we lived. We got our table for $50. It is huge, and has two leaves, so we could probably fit ten people on it if we needed to. Our problem is that they didn't have chairs on clearance. And I think we could only afford a table at the time anyway. While we were in Germany, we had army loaner chairs. They weren't that great, but they worked. Here we do not have any loaner furniture, and we've had to use our folding chairs up to our table. But we only have four folding chairs, one of which has Lucy's seat in it. So, we can't have people over because they have nothing to sit in if we eat. I found some on Overstock.com that I really liked. But for some reason, they wouldn't ship to my zip code, and two of my friends zip codes that live in the area. One doesn't even live on an army post. So, I couldn't get them. Found some at Amazon.com, and I like them more and I think they were cheaper. So, I am excited with my cool new things. Chairs aren't here yet, but they should be by the end of next week, and I will be posting pictures of them (taken with my new camera)!!!

3 comments:

Shelly! said...

I am so thrilled that you got a new camera! Finally.

I do like the whole progress report thing...I'll keep you to it! (See I'm being honest already)

wendy said...

new camera, just in time to take pictures of the new chairs!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

YAY! We had no chairs for the longest time, and used folding chairs at our table, which were too short.

You will love having nice chairs!