Tuesday, July 17, 2007

M*A*S*H




I grew up watching this show. As a kid I really had no idea what was going on. I figured it out as I got older, but for some reason I didn't make the connection that it was the Korean War.

I LOVE watching M*A*S*H.

"Don't mind Pierce and Hunnicutt, they're both first rate surgeons. Sure, they'll show up to role call in their bathrobes. They keep a still in their tent. Once they ran all my underwear up the flagpole. But I want you to understand it's an honor to serve with these men."
Margaret

"Boy seeing the way you guys work with the wounded, the way you deal with burned up legs, ripped up bellies. Makes me proud every time I throw up."

Klinger


Somehow watching this show I feel a little closer to my grandpa. He died last January, and I was lucky that I was able to see him at Christmas. I hadn't seen him in 2 1/2 years. I now have some of his letters he wrote my grandma from the front lines of the Korean War. He had horrible writing, but I do my best to figure out what he is writing. I have his pictures too. Anyway, just felt a little like talking about my grandpa.

Also, in my little kids mind, Hawkeye looked like my dad to me, and reminds me a lot of him. Still does.

And now that I'm a military wife, I have a whole different perspective on things. I almost cry sometimes watching it, and I laugh a lot. Anyway, next time you're up late, go to TVLand and watch a few episodes.

No comments: