Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Been a little busy

I have been quite busy these last few days.

I wore the fabulous shoes to church on Sunday. I had an early meeting, so Matt didn't know what I was wearing. He actually had no idea that I had even gotten the shoes. Anyway, I had several comments on my shoes. There is a guy at church that is 6'5", and I was only about two inches shorter than he was. But it was a lot of fun to wear heels!! I don't think I've worn heels in a few years. Matt didn't like them very much. But his reaction was a lot better than it would have been three years ago. He has gotten much softer. But its not like I wear them every day right??

Yesterday I went to exercise and when I got back I realized that I did not have a house key on my keys and that I was locked out. The day before Matt and I had driven different cars to church. I had to stay afterwards to play the piano for a baptism, and so he took Andrew home early with him. But the keys to our smaller car did not have a house key on them, so he took mine off of the van keys. Well, he didn't put it back, and then yesterday as he was leaving for school and I was half awake on the bed, he told me where he had put it. I did not recall this for several hours until I was locked out, and then I remembered something, but I couldn't remember when he told me, nor could I remember where he said he put it. Eventually I remember where it was. I called our housing office, and no one ever came. I couldn't get a hold of Matt, so I was stuck outside for an hour and a half. I had a church meeting that day, and I was so late because I hadn't taken a shower, and the kids and I needed to eat lunch, and I had to make sure that I had everything I needed for the meeting. I got the key from Matt. I went down to the pool as he goes swimming during his lunch hour. So irritated. He did call later and apologize for the situation. He had thought I would remember.

I get home from my meeting to a house that had one load of laundry done, dishes from two days sitting in the sink, a floor that badly needs a vacuum, and I can't do any of it because its time for dinner. Lucy hadn't had a nap, so she went to bed early because if she didn't, they would have had to call child services. Andrew wouldn't eat his dinner, and when he got caught trying to eat a snack he had a huge meltdown, and so he went to bed right away after that.

Yesterday was not a good day. To make up for it, I stayed up way too late again, and cross stitched and watched my shows. Today the dishes are done, the laundry is moving again, and the floor is still not vacuumed. But that's ok. It will be done very soon. Today will be much better. So far it isn't raining, and my plan is to get them to the park before it does. Our anniversary is this weekend, and so I am looking forward to going to see a movie in a real American movie theater. I haven't been in one for probably four years. We are going to see Oceans Thirteen, and it will be a "feast my eyes on Matt Damon and George Clooney and listen to Don Cheadles fake accent" evening. And hopefully a dinner in a restaurant that we have never been to before. And then next month my sister is coming for a week and we will be going to see the Bourne Ultimatum while she is here. Take advantage of free babysitting!!!

And next week I have a hair appointment. I am very excited for that. Getting my hair cut is always a good time. I love changing my hairstyle.

We will also be finding out soon where we will be going for the next year of his schooling. One of our options is Fort Bragg. I would LOVE to go there because one of my best friends from Germany is posted there and her husband is deployed from there. Our husbands get along well and so do we, and we both have two kids so how perfect would that be??!! My dad served his mission there, so I know for sure my parents would come and see us there at least once. And I have never lived on the east coast before.

Oh, I just realized that I didn't tell you where Fort Bragg was. It is in North Carolina.
I am for sure having a better day today that I was yesterday......

2 comments:

Millie said...

I hope it's going better for you today. Sounds like you're getting stuff done.

I admire you for wearing heels as a tall girl. I'm short and hate heels and "should" wear them, but I refuse. :)

wendy said...

What a day! Whew! I'm tired and crancky just reading about it.

I hope today is a good one for you!