Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Gap

I am six feet tall. For my entire life, I have always had jeans that were too short. Partly because my parents had six kids and they couldn't afford to buy me nice jeans. (I grew 8 inches in three years. Total waste of money) And partly because my legs need a 36" inseam. The long jeans at most stores only hit somewhere around my ankle. I tried guys jeans, but they weren't much better because they make very few pants with a 30 inch waist and a 36 inch inseam.

While I was in Germany I discovered the happiness that is online shopping. I never even thought about it before because I figured I could get to most of the stores that I would be shopping at anyway.

Somehow I went to Gap online. I couldn't afford most of the things that they carry. But just under two years ago they came out with a new inseam for women's jeans. It is the Tall inseam, and it is 36"!!!!!!! These are the only jeans that I can wear. I LOVE THEM!! Almost any style fits me well because they fit around both my waist and they usually touch the ground and hide any ankle-age. I only buy them when they are on sale. And right now they have a sale going on. They usually don't have very many styles in my size on sale, but this time they had one. It is called the boyfriend jean. (only $20!!) I bought a pair, and they are awesome. Even though it was probably almost 90 degrees yesterday I wore them. (I had just gotten them in the mail.) If you are a giantess like me, go to the Gap online and get yourself some jeans. And even if you're not, they are having a great sale and I think there is nothing better than getting an awesome pair of jeans for $20 or less......

So, you may think I'm a snob, but I don't care. I only wear the Gap when it comes to jeans. I would post a picture of me wearing them, but there isn't anyone in my house over the age of four, and I'm not letting them touch my brand new camera. Oh, and I loved them so much, I placed another order getting two more pairs of them. Can't have too many pairs of jeans that are really comfy and look good!!!

edited: it is the gap x-long that is my size. Tall is still too short for my legs...

7 comments:

LeeElle said...

I may not be 6 feet tall but I too have a long inseem and have issues finding jeans that are long enough and flattering. I discovered Gap's Long and Lean jean a few years ago-LOVE THEM! I'm slowly learning that it's not always better to buy something that doesn't fit just because it's on sale. Gap sales are a double bonus, thanks for the tip.

flip flop mama said...

Yay! I love Gap. Although I have the opposite problem...all the jeans are way too long on me but the "Ankle" inseam are just a little too short. I'm only 5 foot 2 you see. But Gap jeans fit great. I'm glad you found some that fit you! New jeans are way fun!

Millie said...

Dude. When you find good jeans, it doesn't matter if you're a snob. You have to embrace good jeans. Glad you found your happy jeans place!

athena said...

i'm glad you found a pair of jeans for your extra long legs! i love gap for jeans too.

wendy said...

36" rise!

waaaa!

I am so short.

Sometimes I can wear capris as pants.

oh well...

Kayris said...

You already read my post about my beef with women's clothing. Tall women should be able to buy decent jeans for less than 80 bucks!

Mrs. O said...

thanks for the heads-up. my son grew 10" in 6 months last year and he isn't done yet. they are the only ones that have a skinny waist/leg to still fit him.