Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Potatoes

For our Thanksgiving Feast at a friends house, I was asked to bring mashed potatoes. And I made mashed sweet potatoes too. Since I come from a family of potato connoisseurs, I made quite a bit of potatoes. I made regular old mashed ones (with whipping cream and half and half) and realized that it just might not be enough. I had some small red potatoes so I threw those in the stock pot to start boiling. I love those because I just love the skins in with the yummy mash. And my sweet potatoes had brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and whipping cream in them. Topped with some sugared pecans that I had made. SO. GOOD. Well, eight adults did not eat as much mashed potatoes as I had thought they might. I came home with a ton of potatoes left over. And I started racking my brain of all the different things that we could have with mashed potatoes. Here is what we had.

Chuck roast in the crock pot with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes
Sliced Kielbasa with mashed potatoes and a salad
Shepard's Pie. (I was especially proud of this one because I had to improvise on some of the things in the recipe and it came out awesome. Andrew said it was his favorite.)

We also had some at lunches with leftovers. I still have a very small amount left, and I don't know if I'll actually eat it or just throw it out. Because I'm kinda done with mashed potatoes. And I think everyone else in our family is too.

No comments: