Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just say no to Superhero's

I don't like comic book stuff. I just don't. I don't like the movies that are made from the comic book stuff. Don't like Spiderman, Superman, Xmen, Incredible Hulk. The only one I can kind of get into is Batman. And it probably has to do with the fact that Val Kilmer and Christian Bale have both played him. Never mind George Clooney..... anyway, I just don't like the superhero kind of stuff. Now, if we were talking Incredibles, I LOVE that movie. I could sit and watch that whole thing.

I was pleasantly surprised tonight. Matt got Hancock from Netflix today, and we sat down and watched it. There were really only two reasons I watched it. One, it was filmed in Los Angeles. Two, Will Smith. And I think it was one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. Can't really put my finger on it exactly. There is something in it that all the other movies just don't have. Maybe something about their human-ness, something about helping others, I don't know. Just watch it if you haven't already and you'll feel what I'm saying. Because it's definitely something you feel. Not really what you see.

Added bonus to everything I just said: Will Smith is just hot.

1 comment:

Jessica S. said...

ya Val Kilmer and Christian Bale - don't forget the ones we want to forget besides Clooney - Michael Keaton.
Anyway... I liked Hancock, too. I saw it in the theater but there was SO MUCH bad words. It would have been a good movie to show the kids except for the rauncy language.