Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No more driving

We have arrived. We are in where our new home will be for the next few years. We already went to look at a few homes this morning, and have started the process of getting into one.

We are staying with some very nice friends. Who watched our kids so that we could go without children to look at homes. The weather is less than awesome, and I'll just have to get used to it. And another exciting thing about our new home are these people. We passed by her store today. I'm sure I will learn more as we live here longer. Honestly, my first impression is to laugh. But at the same time, the LDS church believes the Father and Son appeared to Joseph Smith. While slightly more believable than those of this other belief system, I will just have to do my best to be respectful, and take them seriously. Because that is what I would wish from them regarding my beliefs.

It shouldn't be too bad here. I will have enough friends to keep me busy, and a nice big house to decorate and furnish. Ok, not completely, but enough furniture so that we have places for people to sit when they come over. I think a trip to Ikea is in order. And to the big city where Ikea is. Because I've never been to that big city. And I am a city girl. Even if I end up living in the sticks for the next little while.

No comments: